Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The obsession begins....

After having my fourth baby, I joined the gym to loose my baby weight.  Kami was just over a year old when I started.  For two years straight I worked out religiously.....almost two hours everyday except Sunday.  I love the elliptical, stationary bike, the ski type machine and I would also walk the track. 
One day I happened on a SALSA class.  My college roommates and I used to joke about taking our hubbys dancing salsa but never got around to it, or I should say never enticed them enough,  so when I saw the class at the gym, I thought "why not?"
Well it was love at first listen!!!  The music just grabbed me and took me in.  A few weeks later the class was cancelled and a Zumba class took its place.  The teacher was OLGA who has become a good friend of mine.  OMGOSH.....did I love it.  High energy, great music, people uninhibited by the movements and lots and lots of sweating going on - whooohoooo!  The addiction began.......
Of all the dance formats offered in the class, Salsa was my favorite.  I didn't know what I was doing, I just liked it.  I decided I would look for a salsa class and happened to find one at the W. Sahara location of my gym.  I started dancing with Fabiola, a beautiful Brazilian who I attribute with teaching me the foundation of salsa dance.  Ive had classes with the Rico brothers at Broadway Hall and dance weekly with my good friend & partner Daniel,  who has taught me so much.
I always loved music and dancing, did a little Irish dancing as a kid in Ireland and drill team in the little town of Alamo, NV when we immigrated but I never knew I could have so much fun working out and dancing until these last couple of years so I say dance on my friends, lets sweat it off together!

No comments:

Post a Comment