Saturday, March 31, 2012

Happy to Fail

these notes are stuck on my mirror to see ever day 

Sometimes it does a body good to fail....I know that doesn't sound like my usual peppy, motivating, excitable self but never fear....failing sometimes propels you to a place you want to be.  Not the chocolate section of Walgreens........back on track, back to what you know works, back to happiness and all things great!!!
What am I talking about?  I am not sure but this morning I went to weigh in at Weight Watchers (who btw had moved their location since I had been there a month ago....that was annoying....) anyhooooo, last day of the month - I have to weight in monthly to maintain my lifetime status - and that last day would be TODAY!
I knew I was going to be over.  I knew it because I had been to the Silverton Buffet and gorged myself on crepes, drowned in berry sauce and melted chocolate (just gained 2 lbs typing that...lol...jk) we've had company, i don't wanna cook at home, I can't stop eating bread and its the season of chocolate eggs and such - grrrrrr.
I didn't expect to be up 4 lbs.  Dang it!  I always weigh in in the morning so I hadn't even eaten.  The receptionist said "ok, you're up 4 but you're still 3 less than your goal weight, so you're ok"
That was nice of her, because inside I was ticked - ticked at myself.  No one else to blame (other than the crepe guy at the Silverton)!  Immediately I remembered feeling this way another time at Weight Watchers.  I had been .2 YES point 2 over my max weight and FAILED!!!  I know that sounds ridiculous, really I didn't fail because if you know anything about Weight Watchers, if you have a bad week no one ridicules you or calls you a looser, they encourage you to do better next week.  I was mad at myself though.  I came home and stuck my weigh in on my bathroom mirror.  I seriously didn't want to feel that way again.......
I kinda felt like that today.  I guess its accountability and that's why I continue to check in monthly.  I know all heck might break loose if I didn't have that scale waiting for me monthly.  With that being said.....tomorrow is a new month (you know how I am about new starts....) so I will turn this "failure" into a MOTIVATOR to be a more moderate with my choices in April.
The pitfall for me is telling myself I work out so much that I can eat what I want.  This is a myth.....umm unless you have magical metabolism (which you may have) but for the majority of us, even if we work off our crappy food, the sugary/greasy grossness lingers somewhere between the head and toes....I hate that feeling! 
I don't even know if anyone reads this blog.....hahahaha but if you do and you've ever felt this way, don't feel alone.  I know many people struggle with eating habits, motivation to workout, wanting to be a certain weight or feel a certain way in their clothes and body.....IT IS ACHIEVABLE, I know it is. I will tell you IT IS NOT EASY....but is definitely worth it.
Lets go get 'em.....tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Oooweee i needed to read this! I too did weight watchers, and LOVED it and lost 40 pounds. And I have gotten too comfortable with my self and gained 10 yes 10 nasty pounds. Uuugh, gotta get back on track and to what I know works in additons to your AMAZING classes. Thanks for the motivation!!!!

    ReplyDelete