Sunday, March 18, 2012

Read the Label Please

You know that moment when you're just about to put something in your mouth but a little voice says, "don't do it, it's not worth it?"  I'm there quite often!  As many of you know, I have a problem with sweets, I LOVE them and over indulge almost every time we encounter each other.
The other day I picked up a cookie from Fresh N Easy, against my better judgement, because I had been doing good (in the sweets department) all week prior to this.  That nudge to put it back came and....I ignored it, bought the cookie and devoured it in my van in the parking lot.  Mind you, I justified this by tell myself it was OK because I had taught two classes that day....  I didn't check the label or calorie count or WW points prior to stuffing the monster, chocolate filled yummy down my throat.
Later on I thought I would be accountable and calculate the points for my decision.

12 points....WHAT?????  

ok people so whether or not you are familiar with Weight Watchers, 12 points is HALF of MY daily allowance....HALF!!!!  Whyyyyyyy???  480 calories worth of cookie!
The moral of the story....read your labels, calculate your points, ask if it's worth it (if you decide it is, then own it and enjoy), if you decide its not, put it back.  Listen to your inner compass and be strong my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment