Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Jus Sayin'

I get all tingly when I think of the protein style burger at In-N-Out! Its sooooooo good.  I didn't know you could order these until recently, my brother in law told me "the secret".  You just order your burger "PROTEIN STYLE" and they wrap the yumminess in lettuce instead of a bun.   It tastes delish.  I had one for the first time, late,  the other night after we were salsa dancing but I didn't wanna feel like a waterbuffalo the next morning - I used to order the double double....don't judge, I have a huge appetite!  I'm happy to report I felt unbloated the next morning. Here's the breakdown in case you're wondering....
Protein® Style (Bun replaced with Lettuce) 
Calories: 240
Fat: 17g
Carbs: 11g
Fiber: 3g
Protein: 13g
For my weight watcher friends thats a mere 7 points - Happy Day!!!!  If you add cheese then its obviously going to be extra points and calories.  But shoot compared to a greasy burger from another joint this is pretty good, don't ya think?
While I'm on the free advertising kick.....have you tasted those new POP CHIPs?  I think they're really good.  I've never been a big chip person (we call them Crisps in Ireland).  Chips are fries where I come from....as in fish N chips.  Side note....back to the popchips....I kinda went through a phase of eating handfuls of LAYS BBQ chips....I was weak.  I knew after a week of binging on the greasy mess, I needed to change my ways so I looked for an alternative.  These are what I found.  The texture kind makes it where I don't want to eat more than about the serving size of 20 or so and they have a really good coating of BBQ flavor that hits the spot.
The WW points value for 20 chips is only 3. Much better than a wod of Lays greasy BBQ chips shoved in my mouth, I'm sure.  Ha ha....

No comments:

Post a Comment