Monday, June 4, 2012

SR Boys Dance/Zumba Class


Me and Ms Woo...the Dance Teacher!
I've been teaching Zumba at Shadow Ridge for two years now and I really LOVE it! The kids responded to the relaxed format of the class and let loose once they got over their shyness. I've worked with the P.E. classes for two teachers, the cheer team, the swim team (dry land days) and 7 Dance classes including the dance team. Its so much fun!  This year they added a mostly boys class that was my favorite. I loved all the others so not to take away from that, BUT these kids just had awesome energy and willingness to do something out of their comfort zone (most of them are Hip Hop/BBoys). Sometimes after class they would just start free styling and I wanted to hang out to watch them because they're really good, then I had to remind myself that I am no longer high school age and would never actually want to go back to all that drama anyway......hee hee. This video I took today doesn't show all their talent or their tricks but its still pretty cool so I thought I'd share!

No comments:

Post a Comment