Saturday, March 8, 2014

Eating out *insert eeeeek face*

I've pretty much started taking pictures of everything I eat.....the obsession is real! 
Its one thing to eat healthy in my home, with food I buy and plan on eating....a whole other thing when I'm eating out!  I feel like I deserve to eat whatever I want BUT I don't feel good when I go all nutso and order almost everything on the menu. 
Smart eating is happy eating.....choose wisely my friends.
Met up with a friend of mine for breakfast, keeping in mind I was trying to make healthy choices, I ordered the white scrambled eggs with artichoke and spinach, Feta cheese crumbled on top which is quickly become my favorite kind.    WAS AHMAZING......I did have the potatoes but I swear they were baked (at least I think they were....lol).

Then This.....mmmhmmmm......buffet with the family!  STOP THE MADNESS.....

Beautiful, colorful salad....super yummy!  Good choice AND I even went for Italian dressing, which is probably a first for me.
They had roasted squash and eggplant (also new fav) beside a yummy penne pasta.  I left out the sausage and just had a small portion of the pasta.  Super tasty, super yummy and I'm feelin good....

And....on to desert....well....first I stopped at the Mexican section and grabbed a "SOPES?"  Never had one of these before.  It felt like a splurge BUT the bottom was corn and with beans, chicken and a wee bit o' cheese, I felt deserving of the splurge due to me "killing" my legs with weights 4 hours earlier! 
I do have to admit that I had a scoop of NO SUGAR ADDED Carmel Gelato (and omitted taking a picture) HA..... 
Overall.....for me.....success at the buffet.  It's normally super hard for me to control my portions let alone my appetite.  Note to self.....limit the number of times to come to a buffet per month!

No comments:

Post a Comment