Sunday, February 23, 2014

Busy Weekend



Weekends are always super busy and when it comes to eating, weekends are definitely the hardest for me.  This weekend I was asked to present at a womens conference about Physical Health & Wellness.  Most of the information I shared was from my experience and what Ive learned on my own journey.   It's a constant battle to stay focused and motivated.  I appreciate the support of friends who have similar goals and motivate me. 
I've been lifting weights in addition to my regular workout schedule and feel & like the results in just a week.  Last week I felt really successful.  Eating was good and workouts were productive.  Holding on to that momentum will be good going into this 2nd week of my NO JUNK CHALLENGE!


After some leg lifting at the gym, had a Saturday date night with the hubs!  I was really craving lettuce wraps from PFChangs but the wait was so long we hit up Chilis instead.  I haven't eaten there for years but knew I wanted healthy.  Even watching my food for the weekend I was close on calories.  I don't burn near as many calories on weekends as I do weekdays.
The MANGO CHILI TALAPIA looked amazing so I gave it a chance.  Loved the spiciness of the salsa and sauce on top and the fish was ok but still a bit "fishy" for me.  Broccoli and Rice Pilaf was delicious!  Total 550 calories = not too bad.  I added a house salad for another 150 calories.....yum!
It feels good to be in some control.  I'm highly motivated and hoping that stays with me while I adjust to healthier eating.  Today (Sunday) has been a little tougher.  Ive been hungry all day long, even though Im snacking.   AND Im craving a sweet ALL DAY LONG!  I even brought Ghirardelli chocolates to my choir members today and abstained.  The closest I came was yogurt with granola and cranberries, which was a good choice.  Looking forward to the coming week with a plan to succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment