Tuesday, February 4, 2014

It's all about choices

I'm CRAVING & WITHDRAWING.........
Excited to be past day three because by now I've usually given in to junk food and feel like a loser.
Instead I feel motivated and strong, well strong in the exercise area not so strong in the food area.  I've been good!  Real good, but I am totally craving chocolate and bread.  Walking around Smiths today I ALMOST bought a pan of squishy fresh white bread but quickly dumped it and hurried to the checkout where I bought candy bars for my kids???? That made no sense?  In the past these would not have made it home to my house.  They would have been demolished in the parking lot BUT I'm proud to say I said NO and felt empowered by that. 
In the past, when Ive given in to binging in the parking lot, I then fall into a bad place in my head.
Having battled some eating issues at college and having the mindset that "I can work it off in the gym" its really hard for me to keep some thoughts under control.  I have learned, however, that when I control my eating, I am such a better me. 
So I hurried home and made this beautiful salad instead and it was delicious.

Now you are wondering why I have this picture.....well, this was desert at Ryan (my 10yr olds) Cub Scout banquet tonight.  I saw it from across the room, the minute we walked in.  It's like FAT FOOD hears me coming.  I recommitted that I would not listen to it calling my name.  I was not having any.  Proud to say I didn't, even though I was sure I could taste the yummy Pirouline cookies melting in my mouth, it was just a dream!  I had some trail mix instead.  Day 4...pretty successful.  I definitely am struggling with the cravings but Im going to stay strong because I feel so good and hoping to see some changes in my body over the next couple of weeks. 
The highlight of my workout today, was sweating it out with these three guys at 8strikes.  This class is insanely fun.  I mean "fun" in a sadistic, "Im going to cry if I have to do another tuck jump" sort of way.  Seriously a great workout.....cardio and all over strength class.  I was kinda nursing my pulled muscle still so that was frustrating that I couldn't go all out but I did a flippin ton of pushups and can feel myself getting stronger all the time with those.  700+ calories later and Day 4 is over and done with......

No comments:

Post a Comment